DLabs is a Polish company with a vast start-up experience, delivering tailored web applications with AI elements. We believe that every team member has a real input in our company growth. We believe in self-motivation and believe in Python’s own “flat is better than nested”. We are currently developing two products, one very important to us – insulin therapy support system for Type 1 diabetes.
You will test your resilience in looking for solutions on every web applications coding level. You will learn how to coordinate and react on engineer problems, project managers and be a support line for every query in Python. You will learn how to develop and manage good relationships with customers.
Key skills & requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience working on, and preferably building and organising larger enterprise and multi-developer python projects
- Passionate about technology, taking a software engineering approach, curious and knowledgeable about what python can do – and how it does it (under the hood)
- Knowledge of Python Standard Library – exceptions, logging, arguments, iterators, list comprehensions, generators, decorators, context managers
- Experience how (and why) to structure and organise code – modules, packages Unit tests and debugging – ideally with a TDD background
- Testing frameworks and continuous integration platforms
- Knows how to set up python environment, package management & virtual environments
- Experience of OO design and development and understanding classes in python – use of abc package a bonus
- Familiarity with numerical packages pandas/numpy – and know why these are good
- Confidence and experience to peer review other developers code
- Able to guide quant developers and modellers (non-software engineers) to write structured code adhering to agreed standards and style.
- Knowledge of Django or Flask
- Knowledge of Docker and Ansible
- Good working knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Good knowledge of control system Git version
- Basic knowledge of either AWS or GCP platform
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of CT/CI/CD
- Working in Scrum methodology with an experienced developers
- Small team: 4-9 members
- Remote work or in one of our 2 offices in Torun or Gdansk
Quirks you’ll love:
- Weekly vitamin dosage directly to your desk
- The young and the restless. And super creative team.
- Company events, tech conferences and trainings, kick offs meetings
- Flexible hours
- Home Office
- No dress code
- Business trips
- Private health care
- Friendly spaces in the best locations
- Transparent employment conditions.
- Creativity, working in the team, motivation – you develop many of your skills.
- Transparent career path, the possibility to work on different projects, clear promotion conditions.
- Snacks and drinks
- E – learning platforms
- Acces to business advisors, experts, mentors.